Energy Professional Brings Meaning to the Madness of Power Pricing

Can I help you find something?

Saturday, August 15, 2009

Choosing Between Electricity and Family

Trying to do the right thing isn’t always easy. I’d like to see our nation become self reliant, and I am sure you would too, but at what cost? Why does it seem to always come out of my middle American pocket?

Suddenly, the electricity providers are pitching that I can help the environment by locking in my residential rate at an unbelievable rate of 12.8 cents per kWh. The “unbelievable” part is that they think I don't know that's not a good deal. I represent 2 of the lowest retail electricity providers in Texas so I know what I'm talking about.

Other Unbelievable Items

Apparently, electricity utilities think we are all made out of gold. What I find unbelievable is that they keep lining their already bulging pockets with more of everyone's hard-earned money. Of course, I guess that helps them meet their quota for a big honking bonus.

What They Don't Know

How is it that one of the companies I represent can offer 8.0 cents per kWh for residential accounts right now and only lock me in for 12 months? Let’s compare. Do I pay more as in 12.8 cents per kWh to enrich a company that does not respond to anyone's needs during tough economic times? Or do I reduce my cost and pay a fair price of 8.0 cents and use that extra savings to help my family?

Bringing Meaning To Madness

What would you do? Help your family and yourself or help your electric company? I know my answer.

0 comments:

"If it weren't for electricity, we'd all be watching television by candlelight." ~ George Gobel

Copyright 2009 by Larry A. Reeves

All Rights Reserved. To reprint anything on this site, please give credit as follows:
Larry A. Reeves, SamePowerLessBucks.blogspot.com.

Modified by Blogger Tutorial

SAME POWER LESS BUCKS ©Template Nice Blue. Modified by Indian Monsters. Original created by http://ourblogtemplates.com

TOP